Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I came home to find out one of the ewes had delivered 6 lambs. Brian and Deb had let them out in the pasture with the older lambs, and people were visiting and playing with all the lambs. I asked Brian how old the lambs were, and he said just a few hours. I couldn't beleive he would let them out before they had bonded with their mom, so i gathered them back up and brought them into the barn to be with their mom. But their mom was basically hemorrhaging, bit bits of afterbirth hanging out of her. I knew that nursing her babies was supposed to help her recover from the birth, and i was angry again that they had taken the babies away from her too soon. I looked at Brian for help, but he was covered in the ewe's blood, himself, and was just shaking his head, as though he had tried to help her, but there was nothing we could do at this point. I was so angry and started yelling at Deb, about how dare she take those babies away from their mother, and she didn't know how to care for lambs, and she needed to mind her own buisiness. I was angry at myself for not being there when they were born and also totally freaked out about how to care for 6 lambs with no mother to nurse them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home