Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dave Chapelle and flexible cake-filled skyscrapers

heh. I was walking up the stairs of a big glass condo/skyscraper to check out an apartment in which I might possibly live. On each new floor there was leftover cake sitting on a table, and I and a bunch of other people kept eating cake with our hands, shoving it into our mouths - the last one was a rubbery chocolate cake that someone said tasted like an orange peel. I went into one of the apartments, which was just a huge room with windows all around showing a gorgeous view of the city (Boston?). I was feeling slightly nervous about being up so high. Then a gust of wind blew the skyscraper and it felt like the whole thing was coming down - my stomach dropped like on a roller coaster and I pretty much was sure we were going to die and go down with the building, but once the wind stopped everything was fine. Then I was looking down at a view of the city...a huge hill covered with buildings and trees, like a gigantic
Beacon Hill... it looked gorgeous and perfect. There was a huge horse farm on the edge of the city and I was watching horses trot around and it seemed so nice and bucolic to have near an urban area. One of the horses tried to jump out of the paddock but got caught on the fence. Then a man, woman and child came riding by very close to me on a dapple-grey that was costumed in all kinds of .... horse costume. (?) Then I was in a parking garage with Dave Chapelle... we were trying to escape because we had to get off the bus we had been on (?), and then we were in the streets of NYC, and I kept looking into all these grungy, dirty, dark looking restaurants and wondering who in their right mind would eat in them. Then we had to walk through one of the restaurants to get to where ever the hell we were going, and it was very tight and very steep, and I was carrying a suitcase and I kept slipping because it was like walking up a slide, even though it was in the middle of the restaurant. There was more but I have to go to work and I can't really remember anything else...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home