Sunday, November 05, 2006

More Dinosaurs


Okay, this was a long one, with lots of different twists and turns. At first I am at the kids' school and all the parents are planning activities to bring the kids to, or to bring in to show the kids. Emmett's teacher is making comments about someone's hairdo, and I can't tell if she's talking about me or Brian, but it upsets me either way.
Something about time travel, or a Jurrasic Park thing, where there are real dinosaurs around and I am with a group of paleontoligists.
Then I am at a museum (?) where a dinosaur exhibit has been put together by the school, and we're looking at this live dinosaur, who is in a little habitat inside a building and only has a short stone wall separating him from the public. I am studying the dinosaur because I can't tell what kind he is, or even where his head is. Then he is growing more appendages, but none of them have heads. Then I notice there is something under the dinosaur's skin, and it is moving and pushing the skin out, and I know it is going to burst out and change the form of the dinosaur, and I don't want to see the transformation, so I go into a different room. The next room is a bookstore or lending library (I can't tell) and the clerk/librarian is asking my about my interests. They are all books on herbs and potions and witchcraft. I ask for just one book about growing herbs, and she keeps giving me books on all different subjects - too many for me to carry. I tell her I just want to take one or two, I am just starting out, I don't want to be overwhelmed, and she says, "These are all really good books. Maybe I can work something out with Brian." I don't know how to tell her it isn't the money, it's that it's just too many books. So I walk out of the room and I can see the dinosaur habitat through a window, and the dinosaur has changed into a human, like a caveman with a big scraggy beard and long hair, and his head, torso and arms and legs are all disconnected, and he is on a table and trying to put himself back together. It's not gross, but it is very disturbing.

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM , Blogger Dreamer of Dreams said...

Wow. That one is awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home