Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Iridescent creations


First we went to Hawaii, chuck was living there and we all went to visit him. His house was up on top of this big hill and we could only take our car so far, then had to hike the rest of the way. We hiked over a volcano and past gorgeous views of the ocean. His house was very simple, and tropical in a way. We were hanging out in the kitchen and drinking and planning a walk down to the beach when I realized it was 12:15 and I had an appointment on the island at 1.
Then I was in a high school/hotel/parking garage type atmosphere. There were people taking classes all over and I walked into a store like bath and body works, and a group of women were taking a class on advertising. Then I wandered into an art class. I didn't think I belonged there, but the teacher asked me to try. We were working with a waxy type material. It was like the ant farm - lumpy on top and smooth underneath. The teacher was giving step by step instructions - put your hands in the bowl, mix the wax around, form it into a ball. Then the sun came out behind me and the room was full of golden sunlight. The teacher was telling us to stop and leave our work as it was, that it would take the form it was meant to take. I knew mine had more to do, so I picked it up (it was all the same smooth wax-like consistency now) and i broke the ball in half and pulled the ball apart. It became this bright iridescent conch shell. The teacher came over to see it and said something about wanting to live on our farm because it was obviously giving me great powers of creation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home