Tuesday, November 14, 2006

This was another saga of a dream, with many different parts. The beginning I don't really remember except you and I were in a bar in the upstairs of someone's house, overlooking the water. It kind of looked like the dining room at the Leeside. Eventually, I walked home by myself. You and I were back in college and renting rooms in a big Greek style house where a family lived. The next day I was telling you that a big cat had led me home, and we were walking back from campus, and then we saw the big cat and he led us home again. He was a big furry kitty - kind of grey and brown and orange - and he was wearing a wreath on his head made of olive leaves? I don't know, like the kind the ancient greeks supposedly wore. Anyway, his name was Augustus, nobody told me that, I just knew, and I was certain of it and happy to know his name. So he led us to the house and you said, "No this isn't the house." And I told you yes it is, it's just that Augustus magically decorated it for christmas and we wouldn't recognize the house, that must be why he was here to show us the way. Then you were telling me that you had been to see your doctor and she had changed your prescriptions because you were pregnant and the meds you were on caused brain malformations in fetal mice. You were saying that you were really happy you had gone to that appointment because you didn't know about the medication.
Then I was back in the upstairs bar in bed and I woke up and got up so I could write the dream down, because I didn't want to forget. But then Emmett got up and had to pee and I was helping him and we were living in this crowded crappy apartment and he started to pee in his pull up and got all freaked out, so I was trying to calm him down but the pee was going all over the floor, where I had clean laundry piled up, and I was starting to get aggravated. I could hear Brian talking on the phone, saying he was so busy he could barely find time for his hobbies anymore, and that really pissed me off. Then you and I were sitting in my livingroom ( my real livingroom) and Brian and a couple of other guys were there, and I was taking a pregnancy test that tested my sweat, so I was wiping myself with these baby wipes and testing them, and it was posotive and I was really upset. I told Brian and he was just laying on the floor. I kept saying "fuck!!" but then realized that other people were there, and said, "oh, I mean yay!" and I didn't want to upset you , because I remembered you were pregnant, too, and I didn't want you to think that being pregnant was a really bad thing. Then I started to get confused, like, did I know she was pregnant? Did she tell me? And I woke up very confused and thinking you were pregnant, but not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home