Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Um, what?

It was very early in the morning - just barely light out. I was down at the bottom of the hill in a tent. I was looking up at the top of the hill, where the house is, but the hill was humongous, and instead of the house there was a boulder. Hunter was up there, and in the pre-dawn light, I could just see him silouette. I was yelling and waving for him to come down the hill. He ran down and then I started breastfeeding him. he had just started again, I don't know why I had milk, but I did, and it felt just like nursing a newborn, when you're over the whole "how the fuck do i do this" stage and are just filled with a sense of purpose - "my body makes food for my baby all by its self!" Then Sandra showed up and asked if it was okay to nurse when I was taking medication. This hadn't occurred to me, but I still answered, "Oh, of course, you can take loads more than I do and still nurse, it's fine!" Then I walked up to Deb's house with Sandra and Liam and Heather, Heather was about 2 and running around and dressed in a fancy red wool coat, but she still didn't have any hair. Sandra was telling me that she and Heather had to leave, they were taking the first boat off-island. Liam was staying with me. I didn't know if we had planned this in advance or she was just dumping him on me at the last minute. I pretended i knew he was coming, because i didn't want to look like an idiot if I had just forgotten.
We went back to the barn, or into the carriage house. There were all these huge pieces of artwork leaning up against the walls - deep shades of blue, looked like ginormous slides?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home